Bulldog Self Assembly Cameras
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the brand new forum for Bulldog Self Assembly Cameras. Here you can discuss topics with other Bulldog camera users. Registration is FREE but you must register before you can post: click the register link below to proceed.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Main Bulldog WebsiteMain Bulldog Website  

Building my Bulldog

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hhmr

Building my Bulldog Empty
PostSubject: Building my Bulldog   Building my Bulldog I_icon_minitimeSat 12 Jul 2008, 10:48 pm

I've just finished building my 4x5 version. I thought the book was very clear to follow. Before I started I bought a number of small clamps to hold pieces in place while glueing them.

I made two mistakes, I split the MDF bar across the end of the focussing screen by carelessness but was able to fix it easily by glueing and inserting some small dowels (bamboo meeat skewer). Despite the warning about care drilling out the hole for the rack spindle I managed to drill off line. I don't have a drill stand so have to hand hold. My solution was to make drilling guide out of a thick wooden block, clamp it to the camera in the right place, drill the hole out larger on the right alignment and insert a small metal bush set in araldite. This worked fine. I wish I had thought of making the drilling guide first!

I've just been to 'Mr Cad' and bought a second hand 135mm lens with shutter and lensboard, also some darkslides, so hope to get out and use the camera soon.

I've been looking at the 8x10 version but when I looked up the price of darkslides for that size I quickly lost interest! But would a kit for self assembled dark-slides of that size be feasible?

Henry
Back to top Go down

Building my Bulldog
Page 1 of 1